Engineer your positive impact
The Business Entity Belgium is one of the geographical business entities within Tractebel ENGIE. In this Business Entity, the Business Line Energy aims to grow its business by offering its customers and prospects attractive, competitive and innovative offers in energy in the widest possible range.
The Business Line Energy is responsible for all the engineering related to the development and realisation of energy generation projects based on amongst others wind, solar, biomass, geothermal and gas and of energy distribution and storage projects including substations, interconnections, battery and hydrogen storage. These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations.
Within the Business Line Energy, the Renewables team handles onshore and offshore wind and PV projects both in Belgium and abroad. The projects cover all phases of development, realisation and commissioning as from a single turbine (2-3 MW) up to > 500 MW projects.
As International Project Manager in the Onshore Renewables team, you will be responsible for the management and implementation of onshore wind and solar energy projects with a strong focus on solar projects during design review and construction phase while ensuring its profitability. The projects you will be working on include international Owner’s Engineer missions during the construction phase, typically between 10 MW – 50 MW. These projects are typically situated in countries where solar energy is emerging or rapidly growing (e.g. Senegal, Benin, Djibouti, etc.) and typically staffed with international teams.
- To give technical support to the sales team, collaborate with partners and other Tractebel entities, to dare to challenge the status quo and find ways to optimize budgets when submitting offers in this competitive market;
- To prepare the Project Plans and supporting documents;
- To assemble the assigned project resources, and arrange kick-off meetings;
- To deploy the project resources according to the approved planning, monitor progress, and take corrective action where appropriate;
- To organise, coordinate and supervise with your team all activities on-site and to monitor and resolve any issues;
- To monitor all project parameters (quality, cost, schedule) and initiate and manage corrective action in the event of deviations;
- To ensure good communication in the project: with the client, team members, vendors/partners, lender’s engineer, Management; arrange/participate in project meetings;
- To ensure that all project and corporate procedures are correctly followed, especially regarding HSE;
- To ensure that all legislative requirements are identified and complied with;
- To ensure that all Health, Safety and Environment legislation is complied with. In particular to ensure that, where required, the health & safety coordinator functionaries specified by EU Directive 92/57/EEC are appointed.
- To ensure that knowledge within your fields of expertise is capitalized upon and to act as coach towards more junior colleagues or less experienced affiliates.
- To monitor and ensure the satisfaction of the client
- To look for continuous improvement in all processes and methodologies.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Florian, Hydrogen consultant at Tractebel, tells us about his positive impact
Let’s meet Florian, one of our imaginative experts who make the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- Graduate-level engineer;
- Minimum 5 years of professional seniority
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a management or technical coordination function in solar construction projects;
- Knowledge in procurement (e.g. FIDIC), handling multidisciplinary project (e.g solar + storage) and experience with BIM (Building Information Modelling) are considered strong assets;
- You think outside the box and dare to challenge the status quo;
- Formal training in project management is strongly desirable;
- Good people management skills;
- Good customer handling and communication skills;
- Experience in an international environment is a strong asset;
- Excellent English and French language skills.
- Stress resistant, results-focused, determined, decisive, well-organised;
- Ready to travel for short or medium missions is required. Openness for expatriation is a strong asset.