1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small files of text that we place on your computer. These cookies allow us to remember your preferences and help us to continuously improve our website and to provide you with the best possible experience.
In practice, different types of cookies can be distinguished:
• Essential and non-essential cookies: Cookies can be distinguished on the basis of their purpose. Essential cookies are those that are necessary for the proper functioning of the website, for example facilitating navigation (they allow you to return to the previous page). Non-essential cookies are those without which the site can still function properly. These include functional cookies, which improve the user’s experience (for example, by retaining the user’s choice of language or identifiers, or by retaining the “shopping cart”), analytical cookies (such as Google Analytics) and tracking cookies, which analyse the behaviour of the users on the website and retain their preferences (pages viewed, time and geographical area viewed, number of visits, etc.).
• First and third-party cookies: Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party depends on who places the cookie. First-party cookies are those placed by the website of Tractebel. Third-party cookies originate from others and are often used to track online behaviour across different websites, such as cookies placed by Google, Twitter and Facebook.
• Persistent and session cookies: Cookies can also be distinguished on the basis of their lifespan. Persistent cookies remain on the user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie or until they are manually deleted by the users (see below point 4. How to delete and block our cookies?). They are activated each time the user visits the website which created that particular cookie. On the contrary, session cookies are temporary: they persist only for the duration of the browser session (which starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when he closes the browser window). Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
2. What cookies do we use and why?
We do not use this information for anything other than our own analysis.
The following cookies are used on our website:
A. ESSENTIAL COOKIES
These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of our website and cannot be denied.
B. FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
These cookies are used to recognize individual users and to remember their preferences, such as the language preference. These cookies cannot be blocked or denied, if you wish to access our website.
C. ANALYTICAL COOKIES
These cookies analyze how our website is used, which pages are visited the most, where problems occur, etc., to allow us to improve our website and to keep your user experience optimal. You can decline these cookies.
D. THIRD PARTY COOKIES:
These cookies originate from others and can be used to track your online behaviour across different websites.
3. What are your rights?
We are using necessary cookies to manage the content of its website. These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of this website and cannot be refused, if you want to visit our website.
Other non-essential cookies, such as performance, functional, advertising and tracking cookies, will only be used after you have agreed upon them. You can always change your preferences and withdraw your consent at any time by going to the consent management ==> insert link.
For more information or any questions regarding your rights as a data subject, you can consult our privacy statement (insert hyperlink) or you can contact us at email@example.com.
4. How to delete and block our cookies?
If you wish to block or delete cookies from your device, you can use the parameter of your browser. You will find more information on how to do it via the following links.
You can also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by clicking here.