Engineer your positive impact
The “Energy” Business Line is responsible for all the engineering activities related to the development and realisation of projects in the following fields:
- Power, Heat and Desalination
- Gas: energy generation and pipelines
- Wind, on-shore and offshore
- Hydrogen, Energy Storage and Solar PV
- Transmission and Distribution of Electricity
These projects go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations.
The Business Entity “Belgium” is one of the 6 geographical business entities within Tractebel ENGIE. This entity is built upon 4 product lines active in the Energy, Water, Urban and Nuclear businesses. Our entity aims to grow its business by offering its customers and prospects attractive, competitive and innovative offers in energy, urban and water.
The “Wind Energy” Department is responsible for all the engineering related to the development and realisation of Wind energy generation projects (onshore and offshore).
As Project Manager in Offshore Wind Energy, you will be responsible for the management and implementation of offshore wind energy projects at any stage of their life-cycle while ensuring their profitability. The projects you will be working on can include technical consultancy, design engineering, lender’s engineering and owner’s engineering disciplines and shall be in the extent possible specifically related to offshore wind.
- To participate in the tender preparation programme for projects;
- To prepare the Project Plans and supporting documents;
- To assemble the assigned project resources, and arrange kick-off meetings;
- To deploy the project resources according to the approved planning, monitor progress, and take corrective action where appropriate;
- To organise, coordinate and supervise with your team all activities on-site and to monitor and resolve any issues;
- To monitor all project parameters (quality, cost, schedule) and initiate and manage corrective action in the event of deviations;
- To ensure good communication in the project: with the client, team members, vendors/partners, lender’s engineer, Management; arrange/participate in project meetings;
- To ensure that all project and corporate procedures are correctly followed, especially regarding HSE;
- To administer project variations;
- To ensure that knowledge within his/her fields of expertise is capitalized upon.
- To monitor and ensure the satisfaction of the client
- To look for continuous improvement in all processes and methodologies.
- To act as coach towards more junior colleagues or less experienced affiliates.
- To participate in Business Development activities, based on your market knowlegde
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Florian, Hydrogen consultant at Tractebel, tells us about his positive impact
Let’s meet Florian, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- Graduate-level engineer;
- Minimum 10 years of professional seniority
- Minimum 6-7 years of experience in a management or technical coordination function in multidisciplinary teams/projects, including 5 years for offshore wind projects. Participation to floating offshore wind projects is an asset;
- Formal training in project management is strongly desirable;
- Knowledge in wind procurement (e.g. FIDIC) is a strong asset;
- Good people management skills;
- Good customer handling and communication skills;
- Experience in an international environment is a strong asset;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Stress resistant, results-focused, determined, decisive, well-organised;
- Ready to travel for short or medium missions is required. Openness for expatriation is a strong asset.