Engineer your positive impact
Tractebel is a global community of 5000 imaginative experts engineering a carbon-neutral future. Through our game-changing solutions for complex energy, urban, nuclear and water projects, we help our clients create a positive impact towards a sustainable world, where people, planet and profit collectively thrive.
You will work in the Risk and Safety Management team of Tractebel. This team provides consultancy regarding risk & safety during the full life cycle of assets for the industrial sectors in which Tractebel is active.
The experts of this team work for a variety of Clients. You will work as safety expert on several projects in the domain of energy, gas and infrastructure. As part of a team, you can always count on the expertise and support of your colleagues. Several tools and methods are also developed and available to perform the job. You will be based in one of our Tractebel offices (Brussels, Gent, Antwerp, Hasselt, Namur) at your best convenience. Short time national/international missions might be foreseen, depending on the project.
As risk & safety management expert you will promote and manage activities in the domains of risk & safety management. This involves a close collaboration with international offices and projects teams of Tractebel.
Your function will include:
- Define risk & safety management solutions in line with customer expectations, market and sector needs to maximize the added value of TRACTEBEL’s offers.
- Define the technical scope and associated resources for risk & safety management solutions.
- Coaching the technical and site teams in the area of risk and safety.
- Coaching junior safety experts.
- Supervise running projects to guarantee quality of the deliverables.
- Contribute actively in the short & mid–term development of our activities by identifying new opportunities.
- Perform risk & safety management missions requiring a high level of skills, experience and competence. This may include
- Lead participative risk assessments (PHA, HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA, etc.).
- Perform safety audits as lead auditor.
- Perform detailed risk assessments such as QRA, PLANOP, SIL allocations, ATEX etc.
- Define risk and safety management strategies related to a complex industrial project environment.
- Access and advice on process and occupational safety during system and equipment specification and procurement.
- You have a master’s degree in engineering and with preferably an additional master’s degree in safety management/engineering.
- You dispose of at least 5 years of experience in a similar function (risk and safety management for industrial projects) and are experienced in the domains of process safety, occupational safety and construction site safety.
- You are familiar with methodologies such as design and occupational safety assessments, audits, participative risk assessment methodologies such as FMEA, HAZOP, HAZID, etc, quantitative reliability and risk assessment.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English
- You consider quality of work as a main priority and are willing to respect the requirements of the Tractebel quality management system.
- You are convincing, creative and customer focused.
- You communicate and report efficiently in an open and honest way. Reporting is an important part of the job.
- You are well organized and can set priorities. You show leadership skills and like to work in teams.
- You are flexible and can adapt your work methods to the specific context of the different projects.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where youu2019re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Let’s meet our community of imaginative experts, engineering a carbon-neutral future