Engineer your positive impact
Tractebel is a global community of 5,000 resourceful experts working toward a carbon-neutral future. With our pioneering solutions for complex energy, urban, nuclear and water projects, we help our customers create a positive impact toward a sustainable world, where people, planet and profit thrive together.
Tractebel Belgium is one of the geographical business entities within Tractebel ENGIE. Our entity is based on 6 product lines active in energy, infrastructure and water. Our entity aims to grow its business by offering its customers and prospects an attractive, competitive, sustainable and innovative offer in the fields of energy, infrastructure and water.
The Buildings Department is responsible for all engineering related to the technical design of almost all types of buildings, including tertiary and residential buildings, hospitals, industrial buildings, sports buildings, ... These projects range from the competition phase to final construction and follow-up.
Tractebel has a philosophy of flexible working hours and work locations. You are welcome at least 2 days a week in our Hasselt office. The other days you can work from home, avoiding long travel times and balancing work and private life.
- You will be responsible for the proper execution of the budget, timing and quality of our engineering services and works on site. You will ensure that the projects assigned to you are executed in accordance with our quality system and our H&S rules;
- You act as chief electrical engineer on projects from A to Z (drafting the principles for the design of installations/equipment/works, ensuring the correct dimensions of installations/construction requirements/equipment/works, checking the drafting and progress of the graphical documents and the summary measurement records, ...
- You reinforce an integrated design process by looking across disciplines
- You collaborate constructively with external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering firms, subcontractors, contractors during the construction phase, etc.)
- You provide information and support to clients according to their needs and wishes;
- You are willing to make occasional trips to our other offices in Belgium
- Knowledge sharing and development through Tractebel School for your further growth and development, to increase the innovative capacity and quality image of Tractebel.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Gaetano, HVAC & energy efficiency engineer, tells us about his positive impact
Let’s meet Gaetano, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in electricity, electromechanics or equivalent through experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience in electrical design
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- You have knowledge in:
- high voltage systems
- low voltage systems: power supply/cabling/electrical diagrams/ (security) lighting/lighting protection/ ...
- experience in site security
- Knowledge of Autocad or BIM software (REVIT, Naviswork, Stabicad, ...) is a plus.
- You have strong analytical skills
- You are a team player and customer oriented
- You are flexible and organizationally strong
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds and actively promotes diversity in its workforce.