Engineer your positive impact
The “Energy” Business Line is responsible for all the engineering activities related to the development and realisation of projects in the following fields:
- Thermal (gas power plant, heat applications, industries)
- Green Fuels (Hydrogen, other green fuels, LNG receiving terminals and gas pipelines)
- RES, wind and PV on-shore and offshore
- Transmission and Distribution of Electricity
These projects can go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations. Within the “Energy” Business Line, the “Green Fuels Product” is in charge to commercialize and deliver projects in the field of Classical Gas (LNG terminals and Gas pipelines) and New Green Gases (Hydrogen, Ammonia, Methanol, etc.)
The activities in these fields are mainly related to
- (Pre-)Feasibility and Basic Design;
- Front End Engineering Design;
- Owner’s Engineer;
- Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management (EPCM);
- Site supervision, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities;
The concerned contracts could cover the following geographical areas: Europe, Africa, Middle East, Latin America or Asia.
You realize the design and manage the various technical aspects related to studies of LNG and Green Gas projects, including a.o.
- Calculations using ASPEN HYSYS or equivalent
- Definition of Heat and Mass Balances and Utility Balances
- Definition of flow diagrams (PFD’s, P&IDs)
- Process Description and philosophies (ESD, Operating and Control, etc.)
- Cause & Effect Diagram
- Detailed process calculations (line sizing / pressure drops, equipment sizing, control valve sizing, safety valve sizing, etc.)
- Design Review (technical review of engineering deliverables made by Contractor)
- Writing technical specification for purchase of equipment and support to contracting
- You support the Project Manager in charge with a technical support on all process related matters, including contact with Client and Suppliers;
- You work in close cooperation with the other engineering disciplines when required;
- You work on different project for both Classical Gas segment and New Gas segment, and you manage your workload and priorities in coordination with the Project Managers in charge and with your Line Manager;
- You have a good knowledge with respect to:
- Process Modelling software (ASPEN HYSYS or equivalent - mandatory);
- Excel modelling in some cases (VBA knowledge is an asset);
- Process of gases in general (LNG and/or Hydrogen experience is an asset);
- Gas treatment process (filtration, purification, compression) is an asset;
- Cryogenic process experience is an asset;
- Sizing of associated equipment;
- Working on project with interaction with others disciplines (Mechanical, Electricity, I&C, Civil);
- Energy Sector, evolution of Gas sector, including emergence of new gases is an asset;
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Florian, Hydrogen consultant at Tractebel, tells us about his positive impact
Let’s meet Florian, one of our imaginative experts who make the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
You have a master in engineering or a master of science in engineering (or equivalent by proven experience) with preference in Process Engineering and/or Process Chemistry or similar having 2 to 8 years’ experience in the field of Process Gas.
- You have proficient knowledge of English, and French or Dutch as second language. Additional language knowledge is an asset.
- You are highly motivated, eager to learn and broaden your knowledge with respect to the field of Gas systems and associated equipment in particular.
- You have an open mind in learning other competence fields linked to the core content of Gas Process, such as some auxiliary systems linked to the main Gas process (water production, cooling system, etc.)
- You feel comfortable working independently, however with the ability to communicate efficiently;
- You are able to function in a team realizing the complete project together.
- Customer-satisfaction must be part of your day-to-day vision.
- You have a dynamic personality and a proactive and innovative approach to work.
- You have a systematic analytical approach.
- You have an acute sense of responsibility with respect to project financials, project planning and knowledge sharing with colleagues in general.
- You are flexible and open to missions abroad (short, medium or long-term).