Engineer your positive impact
You will join the team “Design and Studies” of the Competence Center « Civil Works and Structural Integrity », part of the business line Nuclear. The Competence Center has teams in Brussels and in the nuclear power plants of Tihange and Doel. You will belong to the team in Brussels but you will have to go on nuclear sites occasionally.
The daily tasks in Brussels cover a wide variety of civil construction activities, ranging from newbuilt projects that often run over several years, short-term renovation projects as well as punctual assistance to the Operator. From a technical point of view, you will work with a broad range of disciplines. You will manage the interface between Client, Operator and the team in Brussels.
- You oversee the design and calculations of nuclear related structures and building subjected to internal and external hazards;
- You perform structural analyses using FEM codes;
- You participate actively in the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, plane crash accident…
- You participate in the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor;
- You participate in the preparation of offers or the invitation to tender;
- You go on nuclear sites for the needs of the project (meetings, technical visits, etc…)
- You work in a team of about 15 engineers, in close interaction with Senior Engineers.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Anicet, nuclear engineer, tells us about his positive impact.
Let’s meet Anicet, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- You are a Civil Engineer with 2-3 to 5 years of experience in structural analysis and design (junior + profile) ;
- You are familiar with international codes and standards (Eurocodes as well as American Standards such as ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), …);
- Knowledge of programming (PYTHON, C&C# etc.) is considered as an asset
- You are rigorous and you have a scientific mind;
- You are experienced in general purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as ANSYS, SCIA, ...) for static loads or dynamic loads , in case of linear or non-linear analysis ;
- A background in seismic assessment of seismic structures and other structures including soil-structure interaction aspects is an asset;
- You have good writing skills for technical notes.
- You are interested to develop expertise in topics such as nuclear structure domain, concrete aging mechanisms, dynamic studies and impact on structures ;
- Knowledge of nuclear domain and safety is considered as an asset;
- You can communicate in Dutch or French and English.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.