Engineer your positive impact
The “Energy” Business Line of the Belgium Entity is responsible for all the engineering activities related to the development and realization of projects in the following 4 Products:
- Green Fuel
- Transmission and Distribution
These projects could go from the pre-feasibility studies up to final commissioning of the installations.
The “Thermal” Product is in charge of the following tasks related to power plants, heating/cooling applications, desalination plants and mechanical and process activities for the other product lines.
- Feasibility and Basic Design.
- Mechanical & Process System Studies.
- Detailed Mechanical & Process Design.
- Procurement of mechanical equipment including factory acceptance testing.
- Mechanical & Process Design Review.
- Site supervision, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Audit of thermal heating/power plants installations.
The role of Tractebel can be consulting engineer, owner’s engineer, due diligences or EPCM missions and involves different technologies such as : Gas fired power plant, Combined Heat and Power Plants, Biomass Power Plants, Concentrated Solar Power Plants, Desalination Units, Industrial Plants, Carbon Capture and Storage/Usage. The projects are located in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Latin America or Asia.
Ready to power the future forward sustainably?
As Mechanical Project Engineer, you will
- Deliver mechanical and process engineering services that meet Tractebel’s, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform thermodynamic analysis and power plant basic design using dedicated software’s (e.g. Thermoflow)
- Provide consulting in the field of power and heat generation units with variable sizes, fuel sources and complexity
- Evaluate and comment the technical documents issued by contractors and manufacturers
- Participate to the design, renovation and optimization studies for thermal/power systems.
- Set out technical specifications and the general design of mechanical systems, including gas turbines, boilers, steam turbines and mechanical auxiliaries of energy systems.
- Actively participate to the invitations to tender, the analysis and technical-commercial negotiation of bids as well as the awarding of contracts for the supply of equipment or services.
- Take part in factory tests, in the supervision of on-site assembly and in commissioning tests for mechanical equipment or systems
- Take part to consultancy mission, and in particular assess the performances, remaining lifetime and general condition of the main mechanical equipment in existing installations
- Communicate effectively with the project team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Aim in the short term to assume a project engineer role by incorporating cost estimate, planning and project coordinating skills.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Florian, Hydrogen consultant at Tractebel, tells us about his positive impact
Let’s meet Florian, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- You have a Master Degree in mechanical or electromechanical engineering (or equivalent), specialty in Energy or Thermodynamic is a plus;
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, empathic, driven with a passion for problem solving and the ability to work collaboratively as part of an integrated team and a strong sense of responsibility.
- You have 3 to 7 years experiences in the Energy engineering or equivalent;
- You have previous experiences in technical consultancy service and/or construction projects;
- You have competent oral and written English communication skills; knowledge of French or Dutch is an asset
- You are flexible in participating to different projects and in assuming different tasks in parallel;
- You are open to missions abroad (short or medium-term);