Engineer your positive impact
Tractebel is a global community of 5000 imaginative experts engineering a carbon-neutral future. Through our game-changing solutions for complex energy, urban, nuclear and water projects, we help our clients create a positive impact towards a sustainable world, where people, planet and profit collectively thrive.
You will be part of the Structural Engineering team, within Tractebel's Urban Business Line. The department provides civil engineering advice on the full life cycle of projects, from feasibility studies, conceptual & detailed design, to execution phase and follow-up of construction works. The projects are diverse and include all types of constructions: buildings, transport infrastructure, industrial plants, nuclear objects, renewable energy, water infrastructure, ...
The team has about 70 engineers, architects, consultants, designers and support staff, present in Belgium at 4 different sites (Ghent, Hasselt, Brussels and Namur) and also in Romania.
Tractebel has a philosophy of flexible working hours and work locations. You are welcome at least 2 days a week in our office in Ghent. The other days you can work from home, avoiding long travel times and balancing work and private life.
- You will lead, motivate, coach and manage a small project team of monodisciplinary structural engineers and draftsmen for your projects with a strong focus on buildings projects;
- Responsible for execution of budget, timing and quality of works. You ensure that the projects assigned to you are executed according to our quality system and our H&S rules;
- You report the progress of all your projects weekly to the Head of Structural Engineering Gent;
- Participates in the structural design of your projects;
- Reinforces an integrated design process by looking transversally at the different disciplines involved;
- Responds to the wishes and needs of the client;
- Prepares and submits quotations and contracts;
- You strive for sustainable and efficient solutions;
- Keeps up with standards, guidelines and developments in your field and reports these to your team members or colleagues;
- You work constructively with colleagues, external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering firms, contractors during the construction phase, ect.) and clients;
- You have an international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to ensure the required quality;
- As lead engineer, you actively promote and establish BIM collaboration procedures according to our corporate vision, if applicable.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Bart, engineer, civil architect & urbanist, tells us about his positive impact
Let’s meet Bart, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- Master's degree in Engineering-Architect or Civil/Structural engineering;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with structural engineering projects in designing different types of concrete construction projects;
- You were involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tendering, execution, management, ... ;
- Expertise in modeling with SCIA Engineer or equivalent packages;
- A thorough knowledge of Dutch is essential and you have a good knowledge of English;
- You are willing to travel internationally for our international projects by mutual agreement.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds and actively promotes diversity in the workforce.Apply