Engineer your positive impact
Fire safety engineer
Tractebel is a global engineering and consulting company delivering integrated solutions for sustainable energy and built environment projects. Our expertise is trusted worldwide across multiple markets like nuclear, renewables, power & gas, electrical grids, hydropower & dams, water resources & supply, desalination, complex & high-tech buildings, transport infrastructures, and ports & waterways.
By connecting strategy, design, engineering, social & environmental studies, project management and in-house digital applications, we partner with companies and public authorities to create a positive impact on people and planet.
Backed by more than 150 years of experience, today Tractebel is a community of over 5,500 passionate experts across the globe, committed to ethical business and the fight against climate change. Tractebel is part of the ENGIE Group, a global reference in low-carbon energy and services.
The Working Environment
You will work in the Buildings division of Tractebel, especially in the fire safety team. This team provides consultancy regarding fire safety during the full life cycle of assets in which Tractebel is active.
The experts of this team work for a variety of Clients. You will work on several projects in the domain of infrastructure, smart buildings & innovation . As part of a team, you can always count on the expertise and support of your colleagues. Several tools and methods are also developed and available to perform the job. You will be based in Ghent.
As fire safety engineer you will ensure the follow-up of projects and activities in fire safety. This involves a close collaboration with international offices and projects teams of Tractebel.
Your function will include:
· Define specifications in active, passive and organizational measures in the fire safety domain for the projects
· Perform fire safety risk analysis & audits
· Participate in an innovative fire safety project
· Contacts with clients / fire brigades in Europe
· You have a master’s degree in architecture or engineering
· You are fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English and the second language
· You have at least 3 years of experience
· You consider quality of work as a main priority
· You are convincing, creative and customer focused
· You are flexible and can adapt your work methods to the specific context of the different projects
· Your knowledge of the fire safety or firefighting environment is appreciated
What we offer
· A work environment where all ingredient are ready for entrepreneurship and innovation: highly skilled and motivated people, dedicated funding, a clear mandate, colleagues who are outstanding team players
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests career goals and lifestyle
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where youu2019re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Gaetano, HVAC & energy efficiency engineer, tells us about his positive impact
Let’s meet Gaetano, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.