Engineer your positive impact
Within Global Power, the Offshore team handles with all offshore energy projects in Europe and abroad. Projects cover offshore wind, solar, hydrogen or other green gas production, electricity conversion and transportation and more general naval architecture and marine operations. In this regard, all phases of development, realisation and commissioning of projects can be tackled, either on a single unit scale as upto GW scale projects.
Within this Global Offshore team, the innovative technology Offshore Floating PV is being developed since a few years now. This new and promising technology has the potential to be a competitive renewable energy source which shows good complementarity with offshore wind. For Tractebel, the development of an offshore floating PV concept is not only a technical innovative challenge, it also includes a new business model for Tractebel, which is creating value based on Intellectual Property (acting as technology provider).
As Acceleration Manager Floating Offshore Solar you will be responsible for the further commercialisation of the developed technology. You will focus on the overall strategy, business development, communication, lobbying, financial securisation, external collaborations and partnerships, etc.
- You take the lead in the elaboration, update and implementation of a dedicated strategy and roadmap towards commercialisation, taking into account market evolutions and building on previous work and experiences, Tractebel’s global profile, etc. This roadmap includes both technical and non-technical steps to be taken in order to improve commercial positioning while increasing TRL and derisking the technological solution.
- You’ll follow-up and update the financial business plan.
- You are responsible for the follow-up and strengthening of external collaborations with the current consortium partners and other stakeholders.
- JV elaboration
- You identify the needs regarding specific competences and expertise, both technical and non-technical and propose involvement of internal ressources, hiring of new experts or collaborations with external experts. Specific attention is to be given to the involvement of research institutes and universities in this regards.
- You elaborate, together with communication department, a dedicated communication strategy and roadmap. In this regards you act as a speaks person for Tractebel regarding this technology towards the public, contribute to conferences etc.
- You identify potential internal and external financing means (e.g. Tractebel, Engie, public funding, private investments, etc.) and make sure these funds are secured.
- You liaise with the internal support functions (finance, communication, legal, procurement, etc.) in order to fit this innovative approach within the Tractebel schemes.
- You’ll contribute to the business development and the identification of new business opportunities. You participate in Go / No Go decisions regarding new opportunities and contribute to the elaboration of offers.
- You follow-up the elaboration of the different technical innovation steps (e.g. design works, laboratory tests, Proof of Concept deployment, demonstrator etc.) and assure the prioritisation of research and development activities in order to optimise financial investment. This means you identify together with the technical experts the existing knowledge gaps and focus on the derisking of the technology.
- You steer the elaboration of current and future LCOE estimations and make sure major unknowns are covered. In this regards you look for the right stakeholders to finetune the forcasts.
- You’ll actively participate in the overall management of the Global Offshore team.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Florian, Hydrogen consultant at Tractebel, tells us about his positive impact
Let’s meet Florian, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- You must have a master degree (engineering, commercial or managerial) or equivalent
- At least 10 years experience in an engineering or similar environment.
- Knowledge of and a professional network in the offshore and/or renewable energy market and it’s current evolutions is a strong asset.
- You have strong stakeholder management, communication and public speaking skills.
- You have an enthusiastic, positive, dynamic, collaborative and a problem solving attitude and able to create positive team spirit.
- You have strong analytical, convincing and organizational skills and are a team player, at ease with challenging situations.
- You are committed to succeed and willing to overcome all challenges.
- You are convinced about the strength of innovation. Formal experience in this field is a strong asset.
- You must have good speaking, reading and writing skills in English and Dutch. French and German, as any other language, are strong assets.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.