Engineer your positive impact
Tractebel is an engineering office that enjoys an important position in Belgium and is well known in the fields of water- and linear infrastructure and buildings. The Structural Engineering team, part of the URBAN business line of Tractebel, is currently looking for a motivated Design Engineer for projects in infrastructure and/or buildings. The team is involved in a wide range of different and various projects, in cooperation with the other entities of Tractebel and the ENGIE Group, both in Belgium and internationally.
The team consists of about 80 engineers, architects, consultants, designers and support staff, present in Belgium on 4 different sites (Ghent, Hasselt, Brussels and Namur) and also in Romania. You can choose from which office in Belgium you want to work.
- You are part of a multidisciplinary project team of engineers and draftmen for projects with a strong focus on projects in infrastructure (bridges, civil constructions, etc.) and / or buildings.
- You are responsible for the design and calculation of structures (concrete, steel, wood, etc.) from concept to implementation study.
- You are creative in looking for structural solutions to specific problems, taking into account design and budget.
- On a technical level, you will be assisted in your assignments by colleagues from the Structural Engineering teams and in the context of geotechnical aspects, the team Geo Engineering will be called upon. Working together with colleagues is a top priority at Tractebel.
- At the start of an assignment, you make agreements with the Lead Engineer about the documents to be supplied, as well as about the timing. It is your responsibility to carry out the work in accordance with the agreed hours. In the event of unforeseen matters, you report this immediately to the Lead Engineer. Projects are carried out in accordance with our internal quality system and our health and safety rules;
- You communicate the progress of your work in the projects with the Lead Engineer and your manager on a regular basis. This is where your communication skills come into play;
- You help with the preparation of quotations and contracts;
- Knowledge and interest in BIM and parametric design is a plus;
- You strive for sustainable and efficient solutions;
- You keep track of the standards, guidelines and developments in your field.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where youu2019re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Gaetano, HVAC & energy efficiency engineer, tells us about his positive impact
Let’s meet Gaetano, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- You have a Master's degree in Engineering (M.Sc.Eng.) - construction engineering or equivalent;
- You have minimum 3 years of relevant technical experience with regard to design and engineering in infrastructure or building projects;
- You have ready knowledge regarding stability concepts in infrastructure or building projects;
- You have a good understanding of the applicable construction techniques;
- You have good communication skills and are a team player;
- You are customer-oriented and flexible;
- You speak Dutch and/or French fluently and you have a very good knowledge of English;
- You are willing to occasionally make international trips in the context of our projects.