Engineer your positive impact
The Mechanical Equipment Department is in charge of the following tasks :
- expertise in mechanical components and related Codes & Standards;
- procurement and qualification of mechanical Equipment and Nuclear Fuel;
- Quality Surveillance and manufacturing follow-up;
- management of repair and replacement activities;
- In Service Inspection and Ageing Management;
- Fuel Quality Control and Handling.
As a member of the “QA/QC” section you will ensure that Tractebel’s suppliers deliver and install their products with the highest level of quality to ensure nuclear safety at all times. You will have the opportunity to be involved in the full supply chain in a practical and industrial environment and this in an international setting. You will be mainly in charge of the following activities in collaboration with other sections within the mechanical department, and in close relation with the Contract Owner and the Customers.
- The examination and approval of welder, weld operator, welding procedure specifications and qualifications, base and filler material purchase specifications, non-destructive examination procedures, specific qualification programs, … As such you are familiar with international material standards and welding standards.
- Conduct quality control missions during manufacturing and installation of mechanical equipment in an international context. You are able to inspect welded structures and have knowledge of the examination methods used to assess their quality. You will assess the conformity of the fabrication during inspection missions at manufacturer's premises and/or during installation at the Nuclear Power Plants of Doel and/or Tihange. You will verify that the goods are meeting the requirements set forth in the technical and upfront approved technical and quality assurance documentation.
- Issue inspection reports following the templates of Tractebel. You will inform the contract owner or report directly to the project manager of the outcome of your missions.
- Provide technical expertise specifically related to welding and metallurgy related questions.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Anicet, nuclear engineer, tells us about his positive impact.
Let’s meet Anicet, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- International Welding Engineer (IWE) or International Welding Technologist (IWT) with a passion for quality.
- French or Dutch speaking with a professional knowledge of the English language.
- Able to work with limited supervision according to predefined methodologies.
- A strong interest in manufacturing processes of mechanical equipment for nuclear power plants.
- Ability to draft concise reports containing factual conclusions.
- Reliable and motivated to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the nuclear industry is a plus.
- Eager to work in an international context for short or long term inspection missions.
- Interested to perform quality control inspections on the site of Doel or Tihange Nuclear Power Plant located in Belgium.
- Flexible regarding time-schedule; resistant to stress.