Engineer your positive impact
Tractebel is a global community of 5000 imaginative experts engineering a carbon-neutral future. Through our game-changing solutions for complex energy, urban, nuclear, and water projects, we help our clients create a positive impact towards a sustainable world, where people, the planet, and profit collectively thrive.
Tractebel in the Asia Pacific (APAC) has been implemented for several years in the region and offers high-quality services in engineering, consulting solutions, and project management.
With about 150 employees, Tractebel APAC has developed strong local expertise and has the ambition to grow.
To support efficiently the expansion of our activities in Water infrastructures (such as Large & Small Hydroelectric Schemes, Dams, and Reservoirs, Water transfers, River Hydraulics), we are looking for a Project Engineer. As Project Engineer in the Water sector, you will be supporting Projects Managers in delivering Water-related consulting & engineering projects, with a major focus on hydropower and dams projects.
Our projects cover engineering studies, Owner’s Engineering, and/or Engineering-Procurement-Construction Management assignments. Your projects are regional (Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Philippines) with short-term missions possible. You are integrated into the Tractebel Water community, a worldwide network of Water specialists keen on sharing their knowledge.
All your missions have to be performed with the highest standards of Quality / Safety / Legal / Ethics.
- Bring direct support to the Project Manager for successful coordination of the project.
- Conduct a simple hydraulic analysis and perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned and under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Participate in the evaluation of the most appropriate technical solutions and economically optimize the projects.
- Coordinate and review the Engineering disciplines’ design reviews and cooperation with involved Engineering units from abroad.
- Work on technical research when needed.
- Under the guidance of the project manager, monitor the planning, the budget, the safety aspects, and the technical quality of the project.
- Assist the Project Manager with the administrative work of the project (including invoice management, maintaining records and entering data, updating project and client databases, drafting minutes of the meeting).
- Participate in the follow-up of the project by contributing/organizing site visits or missions, having regular contact with the clients and/or contractors, and complying with the quality and ethical standards of TRACTEBEL.
- Support in BD and Sales for acquiring new projects.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Alice, Project Director Water, tells us about her positive impact
Let’s meet Alice, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of our water activities. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and helps us meet today's and tomorrow's challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Hydraulics, Water Resources Management or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in Water Engineering including but not limited to hydropower and dams.
- Solid computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, AutoCAD, and multiple engineering design and document control software) and knowledge of simulation software (like SAP2000, HEC-RAS) or GIS software are substantial assets.
- Flexible, good planner and organizer, even in unexpected circumstances.
- Strong analytical skills and have an eye for detail.
- Proactive, dynamic, and independent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, willing to learn, and good team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of any other language is an assets.
- Able to travel for short-term missions for project or training purposes.