Engineer your positive impact
The Nuclear HVAC & Fire Competence Center, is in charge of the following activities:
Feasibility studies, design studies, modification studies of Fire Safety installations.
Diagnoses and audits of Fire Safety installations.
Modeling of Fire water supply system, Fire Hazard Analysis (FHA) based on calculation & simulation tools, modeling of Fires in confined spaces.
Tools development and integration.
Expertise in Fire prevention, fire detection and fire suppression provisions and their side effects (e.g. flooding)
Operations & Maintenance support for Fire Safety equipment.
Design specifications and procurement.
Implementation & start-up of Fire Safety equipment follow-up.
As junior member of the team, you are in charge of the following activities with the support / coaching of a Senior Fire Safety Expert, in close relation with the Project Managers, the Fire Experts and the Client:
- Participate to feasibility studies, design studies, modification studies of Fire Safety installations following applicable regulations and standards;
- Participate to diagnostics and audits of Fire Safety installations;
- Perform Fire risk analysis following applicable regulations and standards or in house methodologies, collection and implementation of the data into the model, calculations, analysis of the results, drafting the synthesis;
- Perform Fire risk analysis following applicable methods and determine suitable and pragmatic recommendations that cope with the Project and Client’s objectives/constraints;
- Validate the coherence between the required and existing fire protection/detection means;
- Include requirements from other competence centers, project safety referential, unit safety report, insurer, codes, norms, standards and regulations;
- Check study compliance with on-site situation (walk-downs), include the Return of Experience and draft the reports;
- Determine and recommend suitable on site adaptations (protection/detection means);
- Present and share analysis with the Client;
- Ensure budget, planning and scope of the studies are compliant with the project requirements;
- Participate to Procurement of Fire protection equipment and services with the support / coaching of Senior Contract Owner:
- Preparation of Call For Tender : Technical Requisition File, Design Review with the Client, Draft Purchase Order, sourcing strategy.
- Launch the Call For Tenders and review of the supplier’s bids.
- Perform the technical clarifications/bid alignment, and support the procurement stakeholders during the commercial negotiations with the suppliers.
- Award Purchase Order.
- Contract Management : Follow-up of the contractor’s activities including associated reporting: review studies, manufacturing in close cooperation with the quality monitoring stakeholders and with the Client, installation on site and start-up, follow-up of the payment schedule and prospective Variation Order.
- Perform contract closure activities: Provisional Acceptance, Punch List, Contractor’s evaluation, After Action Review and Return of Experience.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Anicet, nuclear engineer, tells us about his positive impact.
Let’s meet Anicet, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- You have a degree in Engineering and a keen interest in fire safety. A first professional experience as fire safety engineer is an asset.
- Good language skills : Dutch or French and English;
- Good computer and data process skills;
- Ability to draft reports, technical papers and synthesis documents;
- Inquiring and critical mind, dynamic, rigorous, pragmatic, team-player;
- Capacity to assume responsibilities, to take initiative
- Team player and capacity to develop personal contacts, good listener and communicator;
- Willingness to learn.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.