Engineer your positive impact
The Project Cost Estimator is part of the Project Support Office section, integrated in the « Operational Performance » department of the Global Business Area NUCLEAR. He/she is reporting directly to the PSO Manager.
Under the project manager supervision, you are responsible for the capital expenditures (CAPEX) cost estimation of certain projects in accordance with the internal guidelines, the specifications and the client’s requirements. Your role is to assess the project cost based on standard cost estimation methods and the maturity level of project definition and its deliverables. You interact with the project team and according to the needs with client and with (potential) suppliers and subcontractors to develop the estimation.
- Preparation of a CAPEX cost estimation of projects in accordance with the applicable guidelines of the company and the recommendations of the standard Cost Estimate Classification System of the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE).
- Consultation of the teams of the involved Competence Centres (CC) to get cost data for each technical discipline involved in the project estimation.
- Verification and validation of the cost estimation with all technical stakeholders to consolidate quantities and costs.
- Comparison of cost estimates against historical data and/or independent cost estimates.
- Assessment of contingencies by using Monte-Carlo simulation (ex: @Risk).
- Reporting to and discussion of cost estimate progress with the project manager
- Writing of an estimate plan and estimate report
- Answering client’s questions and providing additional information when requested.
- Sharing of internal cost estimation guidelines with the project teams.
- Developing cost estimate best practices, data base and estimation tools.
- Keeping records, files, and project data in a company database
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Anicet, nuclear engineer, tells us about his positive impact.
Let’s meet Anicet, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
Master of Science or Master in Industrial Sciences
Five years of relevant experience in cost estimation
Pro -active collaboration and effective communication with colleagues, clients and all project stakeholders.
Able to work autonomously within a set frame and on a full process (need for an helicopter view)
Able to make suggestions for cost estimation process optimization
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.