Engineer your positive impact
Tractebel is a global community of 5000 imaginative experts engineering a carbon-neutral future. Through our game-changing solutions for complex energy, urban, nuclear and water projects, we help our clients create a positive impact towards a sustainable world, where people, planet and profit collectively thrive.
- Radiation Protection;
- Radiation Monitoring;
- Radiological Characterization;
- Radioactive Waste Management (both waste from operational and from dismantling activities);
- Decommissioning Concepts (Dismantling Tools & Techniques, Conceptual Design Studies, …).
Because of the strong increase of the business activity, we are looking for motivated Engineers to contribute in our day-to-day challenges as well as in our long-term objectives.
Your responsibilities are:
- conducting Engineering studies related to the ‘treatment and conditioning systems’ of solid radioactive waste and liquid and gaseous effluents;
- establishing equipment lay-outs in collaboration with designers and draftsmen;
- using computer codes developed for evaluating decommissioning costs;
- developing sensitivity studies with those computer codes, especially regarding radioactive waste management techniques and strategies implemented and their impact on the decommissioning planning and costs;
- writing technical specifications and follow-up contractors during the site commissioning phase;
- maintaining the knowledge, required expertise and methodologies required to accomplish your missions;
- delivering ‘quality on time’: in order to achieve this objective, you will get all support required in terms of technical training, coaching and availability of (IT) resources;
- verifying work performed by your colleagues;
- correctly applying the Integrated Management System (IMS) procedures;
- providing regular feedback concerning ongoing activities to your team lead and your hierarchy, while working autonomously towards the goals defined for you;
- identifying and implementing possible synergies with other teams and/or Competence Centres;
- contributing to the preparation of technical bids at an international level;
- providing (internal) presentations and trainings;
- participating actively to regular meetings with your colleagues during which workload, technical issues, project follow-up, development strategy and transversal activity coordination are discussed.
You embody the image and values of Tractebel and the ENGIE group (Ethics, QHSE,…) in all your contacts, both inside and outside the ENGIE group, and other external stakeholders.
Every day with Tractebel is your chance to make the world more resilient, livable, energised and ultimately more sustainable. To shape and enhance the lives of millions of people. To apply your talent in multidisciplinary teams with boundless creativity. To learn and grow with world-class experts at your side. To leave a game-changing engineering legacy you can be proud of in your community and communities around the world.
Accelerate the transition to a carbon-neutral future for people and the planet we all share.
Work alongside experts who imaginatively challenge convention in the search for solutions.
Join a community where you’re genuinely valued and appreciated with leaders who champion you to success.
Benefit from continuous opportunities for learning and professional growth within ENGIE group.
Anicet, nuclear engineer, tells us about his positive impact.
Let’s meet Anicet, one of our imaginative experts who makes the world more resilient, livable, energized and ultimately more sustainable.
- You have the drive to become a technical expert in this field.
- You have a master’s degree or PhD in engineering or sciences, with a strong technical background and a will to further develop your technical expertise.
- You are fluent in French or Dutch and in English.
- You can draw up reports in French or Dutch and in English.
- You have experience (at least 3 years) in the nuclear industry and preferably in the field of radioactive waste management.
- You are flexible and creative in finding technical solutions.
- You are autonomous and you like teamwork.
- You are open to gain new competencies as well as to share them.
- You are at ease with IT-tools and familiar with the MS-Office software suite, Visual Basic and Access.